FIV156 – 16.00 Hours
Currently there are no scheduled classes for this course. However, in some cases a course can be scheduled to meet your organization’s specific needs. For more information about this course or to schedule a class, please contact Institute for Law Enforcement and Protective Services Excellence at (800) 423-8433 or [email protected] to get the latest schedule.
Collecting and storing evidence is a crucial aspect of an investigation. This online course will teach participants how to properly manage and store property and evidence for investigative purposes. Participants will also complete interactive scenarios by applying Texas law and proven practices developed by the Texas Association of Property and Evidence Inventory Technicians (TAPEIT). The practices learned in this course may be superseded by your agency departmental policy.
This course, which meets Texas Commission on Law Enforcement (TCOLE) requirements Texas Forensic Science Academy Basic Property Technician Course #40062, is for Blinn College students participating in the Collegiate Technical Investigation Skills Program (CTISP) of TEEX’s Texas Forensic Science Academy.
- Participant must be admitted into CTISP of the TEEX Texas Forensic Science Academy
- Participant must be admitted into Blinn College
- Successfully pass a Federal Criminal History Background Check
- Participant must be at least 18 years of age before the CTISP end date
Course Completion Requirements
- Participants will have three attempts to pass the final examination.
- To complete this course, you are required to have a computer with internet access.
Online Course Technical Requirements
To successfully complete this online course, you should have access to a computer with the following system requirements:
- Computer tower or laptop
- Note: The use of a tablet is not recommended and may result in connectivity issues.
- Broadband or high-speed internet connection
- Recommended: Wired connection with at least 2.0 Mbps bandwidth (bi-directional, i.e. sending and receiving)
- Alternative: Wireless (WiFi) connection
- Note: The use of a MiFi or mobile hotspot is not recommended and may result in connectivity issues.
- Current version of web browser
- Recommended: Mozilla Firefox 96 or higher, Google Chrome 97 or higher
- Alternative: Safari 15 or higher
- Note: Microsoft Edge is not currently a supported browser.
- Adobe Acrobat Reader 17 or higher
Class attendance is an essential part of the education process, and participants in TEEX courses are expected to attend all class sessions and field exercises. To receive course and TCOLE credit, participants must attend the class in its entirety.
- Chain of custody
- Dispositions of abandoned/unclaimed and safe-keeping property
- Dispositions of evidence
- Packaging of evidence
- Property room management
- Collegiate students seeking technical training to prepare them for employment requiring investigative skills such as crime scene investigators, fire investigators, detectives, medicolegal death investigators, patrol officers and forensic nurses.
Continuing Education And Professional Credits
Note: Live Online Instructor-Led (webinar) courses are not eligible for TCOLE credit.
- 16.00 hours – Texas Commission on Law Enforcement (TCOLE)
- 16.00 hours – Texas Education Agency (TEA)
- Course enrollment for CTISP is through Blinn College. Please contact Robert Stanberry at (979) 209-7399 or [email protected]
Institute for Law Enforcement and Protective Services Excellence
Phone: (979) 845-6677 | Toll-Free: (800) 423-8433
Email: [email protected]
- Course fees and enrollment for CTISP is handled through Blinn College. Please contact Robert Stanberry at (979) 209-7399 or [email protected]