IND017 – 40.00 Hours
|Details||09/19/22 – 09/23/22||College Station, TX||FP IND017 151||$2015.00||Register|
|Details||12/12/22 – 12/16/22||College Station, TX||FP IND017 152||$2015.00||Register|
This schedule is subject to change without notice. If you have not received confirmation of the class prior to the class start, please contact the division at (866) 878-8900 or email@example.com to get the latest schedule.
This course will provide your new brigade members, as well as existing emergency response personnel with a solid foundation of knowledge and skills that may be used to safely resolve emergencies involving interior fire at an industrial facility. All of this is accomplished through a combination of classroom presentations and field exercises.
This course is designed to meet the objectives outlined in the National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) 1081 Standard for Industrial Fire Brigade Member Professional Qualifications Chapters 5 “Incipient” and 7 “Interior”. Upon completion of this course you are eligible to take the National Board on Fire Service Professional Qualifications (Pro Board) written exam and skills testing.
Pro Board Certification Requirements
Participants pursuing Pro Board certification must provide proof of NFPA 472 HazMat Awareness and Operations (edition years 2002-2013) or NFPA 1072 HazMat Awareness and Operations training dated prior to last day of class. The documentation must meet the certification office requirements.
TEEX does offer an online HazMat course HAZ701 that will meet most of the requirements of training to NFPA 1072 Awareness and Operations. TEEX will accept completion of HAZ701 as a placeholder for the required 1081 prerequisite. The curriculum for NFPA 1081 will cover the required skills to meet the 1072 Chapter 5 requirements allowing the participant the opportunity to successfully complete the prerequisites during the NFPA 1081 course.
Course Completion Requirements
Course Attire/Personal Protection Equipment (PPE)
- For field exercises, participants must provide National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) 1971 compliant PPE that meets the Level 4 requirements in the ESTI Student Safety Manual. Any bunker gear found to be unsafe or not NFPA compliant will not be allowed on the field. The bunker gear includes: coat, pants, hood, gloves, helmet, and boots.
- Participants are required to participate in hands-on activities utilizing Self-Contained Breathing Apparatus (SCBA) and therefore must be clean shaven while attending class. Facial hair must not be present where the SCBA mask seal contacts the skin. Mustaches and normal sideburns are permitted.
- For classroom activities, participants must wear full length pants, closed-toe shoes, and short sleeve/ long sleeve shirts (no sleeveless shirts).
Pro Board Certification Testing
Participants are required to provide a photo ID at time of Pro Board testing.
Participants Must Provide
Class attendance is an essential part of the education process and participants in TEEX courses are expected to attend all class sessions and field exercises. This course requires participants to attend 100% of the class hours as a component of successful course completion and to sit for the Pro Board certification exam.
Due to the strenuous nature of class activities, you should secure a professional evaluation of your physical condition prior to enrolling in this course.
- Introduction to fire brigades
- Firefighter safety/personnel protection
- Applications equipment (PPE)
- Fire Streams and appliances
- Self-contained breathing apparatus (SCBA)
- Dry chemical agents and applications
- Pre-emergency planning
- Strategies and tactics
- Incident command (overview)
- Fire behavior
- Fundamentals of firefighting
- Rescue procedures
- Salvage and overhaul operations
- Fundamentals of ventilation
- Plant fire prevention
This course is appropriate for all industrial emergency response personnel, including fire prevention, suppression, control, and safety personnel. Potential participants could include:
- Plant operators
- Plant maintenance personnel
- Laboratory personnel
- Electricians/Instrumentation techs
- Security personnel
Continuing Education And Professional Credits
- 4.0 IACET CEUs
- ACE American Council on Education (ACE)
- Pro Board
Phone: (979) 458-3642 | (866) 878-8900
- Credit Card – Complete online registration or call (979) 845-2130.
- Purchase Order – Complete online registration and send a copy of PO documentation within 48 hours.