LDR500 – 40.00 Hours
Texas A&M Mays Business School
255D Wehner Bldg
College Station, TX 77843
Robert M. Barron II
08:00 AM Monday, May 11, 2020
This schedule is subject to change without notice. If you have not received confirmation of the class prior to the class start, please contact the division at (866) 878-8900 or firstname.lastname@example.org to get the latest schedule.
TEEX Emergency Services Training Institute and the Texas A&M Mays Business School are proud to offer an executive development capstone program for chief officers. The program is delivered by professors from the Mays Business School and is designed to provide advanced level professional development to sharpen leadership skills of executives within the fire service. Upon completion of the program you will receive a framed Fire Service Chief Executive Officer certificate and coin from TEEX and Texas A&M University. Admission to the program will be on a competitive basis through an application process.
If you are interested in attending this course, please contact the Fire Officer Program office at (979) 845-0518 to find out about the application process.
This is a competitive application process. Applicants for this program must meet one of the three tracks listed below to be eligible. All required documentation must be submitted to Robert.Barron@teex.tamu.edu for approval prior to registration. A representative from the Fire Officer Program office will contact you with the approval status.
Training/Education Requirements, one of the following:
- NFPA 1021 Fire Officer IV Certification
- NFPA 1021 Fire Officer II Certification and Texas Fire Chiefs’ Academy
- NFPA 1021 Fire Officer II Certification and SFFMA Fire Chief Development Program
- NFPA 1021 Fire Officer II Certification and NFA Managing Officer Program
- NFPA 1021 Fire Officer II Certification and CPSE Fire Officer (FO) Designation
Your Fire Officer II or Fire Officer IV certification shall be issued by either the Texas Commission on Fire Protection (TCFP), International Fire Service Accreditation Congress (IFSAC), ProBoard, State Firefighters’ & Fire Marshals’ Assn. (SFFMA), or your State Fire Training Authority.
Education/Experience Requirements, one of the following:
- Five years of documented command administrative staff experience in emergency response and a bachelor degree in a related field.
- Five years of documented command administrative staff experience in emergency response and NFA Executive Fire Officer (EFO).
- Five years of documented command administrative staff experience in emergency response and either The Commission on Professional Credentialing (CPC) Chief Fire Officer (CFO), or Chief Training Officer (CTO), or Chief EMS Officer (CEMSO), or Fire Marshal (FM).
Command administrative experience is defined as work conducted above the response/tactical level, specifically working in administrative related to related strategic departmental duties.
- Ten years of documented command administrative staff experience in emergency response.
Command experience is defined as work conducted above the tactical level, specifically working in administrative or related strategic departmental duties.
Course Completion Requirements
For classroom activities, students must wear full length pants, closed-toe shoes, and short sleeve/long sleeve shirts (no sleeveless shirts). It is preferred that participants wear duty uniform or business casual dress.
Continuing Education Credits
Participants that complete the program are able to apply for continuing education credit through Texas Commission on Fire Protection (TCFP).
Class attendance is an essential part of this program and participants are expected to attend 100% of the class sessions.
- Senior Chief Officers (Municipal, Military, Industrial)
- Pre-registration is required. For questions regarding registration please contact Merrie Noak at (979) 845-0518.
- For details on recommended lodging, please contact Robert Barron or Merrie Noak.
- Transportation is provided to and from the hotel and class. Attendees will need to make arrangements to get to the hotel.
Phone: (979) 845-5562