LET309 – 40.00 Hours
Currently there are no scheduled classes for this course. However, in some cases a course can be scheduled to meet your organization’s specific needs. For more information about this course or to schedule a class, please contact Institute for Law Enforcement and Protective Services Excellence at (800) 423-8433 or [email protected] to get the latest schedule.
Course Price: $225
A unique opportunity is available for Texas Peace Officers to successfully acquire their Texas Commission on Law Enforcement (TCOLE) Basic Jailer License. This online course provides participants the training to successfully apply their current skills inside the corrections environment.
This online course consists of thirteen learning modules. Prior to accessing the course, the participant is provided with an opportunity to download a study guide in an effort to enhance the retention of important course information. After all modules have been completed, the participant will receive a comprehensive final exam. All examinations must be passed with a minimum score of 80%. Participants have three attempts to pass each module exam and one attempt to pass the final examination. Module quizzes and the final examination are timed events that can only be done in a single seating. Module quizzes and the final examination should not be started while on duty and/or if the participant may be called away from the computer for any reason. Participants will be eligible to sit for the TCOLE Peace Officers Jailer Licensing Examination at a TCOLE approved testing site upon successful completion of the online course.
This course meets TCOLE requirements Basic Jail Certification for Peace Officers Course #1072.
TCOLE Licensing Requirements
- Must be a currently licensed Texas Peace Office
- TCOLE Declaration of Licensing Course Enrollment Eligibility (DOLCEE) Form
- TCOLE Law Enforcement Agency Audit Checklist
- TEEX Registration Form
Course Completion Requirements
- The mandatory completion/duration period for this eCourse is 45 days from the registration date.
- To complete this course you are required to have a computer with internet access.
Online Course Technical Requirements
To successfully complete this online course, you should have access to a computer with the following system requirements:
- Computer tower or laptop
- Note: The use of a tablet is not recommended and may result in connectivity issues.
- Broadband or high-speed internet connection
- Recommended: Wired connection with at least 2.0 Mbps bandwidth (bi-directional, i.e. sending and receiving)
- Alternative: Wireless (WiFi) connection
- Note: The use of a MiFi or mobile hotspot is not recommended and may result in connectivity issues.
- Current version of web browser
- Recommended: Mozilla Firefox 96 or higher, Google Chrome 97 or higher
- Alternative: Safari 15 or higher
- Note: Microsoft Edge is not currently a supported browser.
- Adobe Acrobat Reader 17 or higher
To meet attendance requirements, participants must review each training module and complete all required course assignments, activities, quizzes, and/or end of course exam.
- State regulatory agencies and facility concepts
- Human relations
- Intake procedures
- Inmate health care
- Inmate supplies
- Inmate and facility security protocols
- Inmate rights, activities, and discipline
- Use of force
- Disturbances and emergencies
- Mental health and de-escalation
- Release procedures
- Texas Peace Officers seeking to acquire their Texas Jailers License
Continuing Education And Professional Credits
Note: Live Online Instructor-Led (webinar) courses are not eligible for TCOLE credit.
- 40.00 hours – Texas Commission on Law Enforcement (TCOLE)
- After registering online for this course, you will receive an email with instructions for getting started. If you do not receive a confirmation within one hour, please contact us at (979) 845-6677 or [email protected]
Institute for Law Enforcement and Protective Services Excellence
Phone: (979) 845-6677 | Toll-Free: (800) 423-8433
Email: [email protected]
How do I register for Basic Jail Certification for Peace Officers?
- Purchase Order or Credit Card – Complete the TEEX Registration Form, TCOLE DOLCEE Form, and TCOLE Audit Checklist send to [email protected] or fax to (877) 289-9715
- Check – Complete the TEEX registration form, TCOLE DOLCEE Form and TCOLE Audit Checklist to: TEEX – ILEPSE, P.O. Box 40006, College Station, TX 77842
TEEX Participant Handbook
Conduct During Live Online Instructor-Led Courses
Online courses: Refunds are not available for eLearning courses, nor may the course be transferred from one customer to another.