LSE100 – 40.00 Hours
Currently there are no scheduled classes for this course. However, in some cases a course can be scheduled to meet your organization’s specific needs. For more information about this course or to schedule a class, please contact Emergency Services Training Institute at (866) 878-8900 or email@example.com to get the latest schedule.
This course is designed for the individual who coordinates and delivers community fire and risk prevention programs that intend to eliminate or mitigate situations that endanger lives, property, and the environment. The Fire and Life Safety Educator I course is designed to satisfy the job performance requirements (JPRs) of the National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) 1035 Chapter 4 and provide the tools necessary to obtain certification through the Texas Commission on Fire Protection (TCFP) and State Firefighters’ and Fire Marshals’ Association of Texas (SFFMA).
This NOT a Pro Board Course.
There are no prerequisites for this course.
Course Completion Requirements
Required for Class
- Textbook – Jones & Bartlett, Fire and Life Safety Educator: Principles and Practice, 2nd ed.
- Laptop computer with Excel, PowerPoint, and Word or compatible.
- Duty uniform or business casual dress is required.
To meet attendance requirements, participants must review each training module and complete all required course assignments, activities, quizzes, and/or end of course exam.
It is recommended that travel is not scheduled more than two weeks prior to the start of class, as the class could be cancelled.
- Document fire and life safety educational activities.
- Prepare activity reports.
- Maintain a work schedule
- Identify community resources, services, and organizations
- Identify partners to address current fire and life safety issues.
- Select instructional materials.
- Practice safety during fire and life safety education activities.
- Present a lesson.
- Adapt a lesson plan.
- Notify the public and give a scheduled event.
- Emergency Response Personnel
- Civilian Personnel
Continuing Education And Professional Credits
- Texas Commission on Fire Protection (TCFP)
- State Firefighters’ and Fire Marshals’ Association of Texas (SFFMA)