The Firefighter Recruit Academy offers two paths to firefighter certification.
- The traditional face-to-face academy is a 12-week program of intense classroom and physical training with hands-on training held at Brayton Fire Training Field.
- The 10-week online academy allows scheduling flexibility through online training, which is followed by a 3-week boot camp at Brayton Fire Training Field.
- Excel academically
- Demonstrate exceptional teamwork and leadership skills
- Establish professional behavior
- Perform strenuous physical work
Upon completion, cadets are eligible to earn IFSAC, TCFP and Pro Board Certifications in:
- NFPA 1001 Firefighter I and II
- NFPA 472 / 1072 Hazardous Materials Awareness, Operations, PPE and Product Control
Our programs meet or exceed the requirements in most states and countries for preparation and/or certification of municipal firefighters. Please check with the fire certification agency in the area where you intend to seek employment to learn what qualifications are required.
Receive college credit for the TEEX Recruit Academy (traditional or online) through unique partnerships between TEEX, Blinn College, and Texas A&M University San Antonio. You are eligible to apply for financial aid by enrolling in the Blinn College Fire Science Technology Degree program.
All students participating in training at TEEX Brayton Fire Training Field are required to follow all guidelines in the Student Safety Manual for the fire field.
Custom Training InformationIf you have a special training need, contact us to create a class to your specifications.
Online Firefighter Recruit AcademyJason Loyd
Phone: (979) 862-6490
Traditional Firefighter Recruit AcademyDavid Rosier
Phone: (979) 458-0021