- Do you fully understand the risk to your facility?
- Do you know what makes your facility susceptible to risk?
- Are you prepared to mitigate those risks?
The Critical Asset Risk Management course teaches the critical components of risk management and provides participants the basic fundamentals of determining and mitigating risks associated with their critical infrastructure. Through a combination of lecture, facilitated discussion, and group activities, participants will learn how threats, vulnerabilities, and consequences determine risk and are given an opportunity to practice the fundamentals of conducting vulnerability assessments by conducting on-site assessments of select local facilities. Additionally, they will identify potential mitigation measures associated with their findings and work together to develop and present a risk assessment report.
Individuals completing this course, in combination with AWR-213, MGT-310, and MGT-414, are awarded the TEEX Infrastructure Protection Certificate.
There are no prerequisites for this course.
Course Completion Requirements
- Prior attendance approval from host jurisdiction
attendance is an essential part of the education process, and participants in
TEEX courses are expected to attend all class sessions and field exercises. The
course requires participants to attend a minimum of 80% of the class hours as a
component of successful course completion. During the course, your
instructor will review any additional attendance requirement, for example a
field exercise that cannot be missed.
in a TCOLE credit course must complete the class in its entirety to receive
- Participants should possess a working knowledge of the jurisdiction's Emergency Operations Plan Terrorism Incident Annex
TopicsOverview of Risk Management Process+Threat and Hazard Identification+Asset Valuation+Vulnerabilities+Risk Assessment+Mitigation Mission Area+On-Site Risk Assessment
- Private Sector and Non-Governmental Organizations (if invited by the host jurisdiction)
- Law Enforcement
- Fire Service
- Hazardous Material Personnel
- Emergency Medical Services
- Emergency Management Agency
- Public Works
- Health Care
- Public Health
- Governmental Administrative
- Public Safety Communications
- Public Elected Officials
- Military (if invited by the host jurisdiction)
Continuing Education and Professional CreditsTexas Commission on Law Enforcement (TCOLE)+ACE
- Critical Asset Risk Management was formally titled Enhanced Threat and Risk Assessment
- This class has been accredited by the Oklahoma Council on Law Enforcement Education and Training for 16 hours of mandatory continuing education credit. Regarding any law enforcement concepts, practices, methods, techniques, products, or devices as might be taught, promoted, or otherwise espoused in outside schools or seminars, there is no intent, expressed or implied, that 'accreditation' indicates or in any way conveys 'CLEET approval' of such concepts, practices, methods, techniques, products, or devices, unless such approval is explicitly stated by CLEET.
Government ProgramsGSA contract number: GS-07F-0357V. GSA customers, to register please contact email@example.com or call (800) 423-8433.+For DHS/FEMA Funded Courses, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call (800) 423-8433