- Do you fully understand the risk to your facility?
- Do you know what makes your facility susceptible to risk?
- Are you prepared to mitigate those risks?
The Critical Asset Risk Management course helps participants answer those questions by teaching critical components of risk management. Through a combination of lecture, facilitated discussion, and group activities, participants will learn how threats, vulnerabilities, and consequences determine risk, and are given an opportunity to practice the fundamentals of conducting vulnerability assessments by conducting on-site assessments of select local facilities. Additionally they will identify potential mitigation measures associated with their findings and work together to develop and present a risk assessment report.
This course meets Texas Commission on Law Enforcement (TCOLE) requirements for MGT315 Critical Asset Risk Management course #78407.
There are no prerequisites for this course.
Course Completion Requirements
- Prior attendance approval from host jurisdiction
- Participants should possess a working knowledge of the jurisdiction's Emergency Operations Plan Terrorism Incident Annex
TopicsOverview of Risk Management Process+Threat and Hazard Identification+Asset Valuation+Vulnerabilities+Risk Assessment+Mitigation Mission Area+On-Site Risk Assessment
- Private Sector and Non-Governmental Organizations (if invited by the host jurisdiction)
- Law Enforcement
- Fire Service
- Hazardous Material Personnel
- Emergency Medical Services
- Emergency Management Agency
- Public Works
- Health Care
- Public Health
- Governmental Administrative
- Public Safety Communications
- Public Elected Officials
- Military (if invited by the host jurisdiction)
Government Programs, Certifications and AccreditationsGSA contract number: GS-07F-0357V. GSA customers, to register please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call (800) 423-8433.+For DHS/FEMA Funded Courses, please contact email@example.com or call (800) 423-8433
Continuing Education & Professional Credits1.6 CEUs
Texas Commission on Law Enforcement (TCOLE)+ACE
- Critical Asset Risk Management was formally titled Enhanced Threat and Risk Assessment
- This class has been accredited by the Oklahoma Council on Law Enforcement Education and Training for 16 hours of mandatory continuing education credit. Regarding any law enforcement concepts, practices, methods, techniques, products, or devices as might be taught, promoted, or otherwise espoused in outside schools or seminars, there is no intent, expressed or implied, that 'accreditation' indicates or in any way conveys 'CLEET approval' of such concepts, practices, methods, techniques, products, or devices, unless such approval is explicitly stated by CLEET.