AWR401 – 9.00 Hours
|LS AWR401 16||Register|
This schedule is subject to change without notice. If you have not received confirmation of the class prior to the class start, please contact the division at (800) 423-8433 or [email protected] to get the latest schedule.
This course introduces the six-step THIRA/SPR process which includes identifying threats and hazards that stress a community’s capabilities, giving context to those threats and hazards and identifying associated impacts consistent with specific factors, identifying community-specific capability targets, assessing current levels of capability in comparison to those targets, identifying capability gaps and subsequent strategies to close those gaps.
Successful completion of the course will assist local emergency responders and stakeholders in generating actionable preparedness data that communities can use to support a variety of emergency management efforts, including planning, training, exercises, and incident response and recovery. THIRA/SPR-informed planning is consistent with and expands on nationally accepted emergency management standards as the basis for planning across the mission areas of prevention, protection, mitigation, response, and recovery.
This course meets Texas Commission on Law Enforcement (TCOLE) requirements for Course #77998.
Note: The AWR401 course is not considered an equivalent for the MGT310 Threat and Hazard Identification and Risk Assessment and Stakeholder Preparedness Review course. The AWR401 course is a reduced hour, web-based alternative designed to more quickly reach a broad national audience with information on the updated THIRA/SPR process until an individual can attend a MGT310 course offering. Please contact us at [email protected] if you need assistance with scheduling a MGT310 class for your location.
There are no prerequisites for this course.
Course Completion Requirements
- The mandatory completion/duration period for this eCourse is 180 days from the registration date.
- Participants will have three attempts to pass the final examination.
- To complete this course, you are required to have a computer with internet access.
Online Course Technical Requirements
To successfully complete this online course, you should have access to a computer with the following system requirements:
- Computer tower or laptop
- Note: The use of a tablet is not recommended and may result in connectivity issues.
- Broadband or high-speed internet connection
- Recommended: Wired connection with at least 2.0 Mbps bandwidth (bi-directional, i.e. sending and receiving)
- Alternative: Wireless (WiFi) connection
- Note: The use of a MiFi or mobile hotspot is not recommended and may result in connectivity issues.
- Current version of web browser
- Recommended: Mozilla Firefox 96 or higher, Google Chrome 97 or higher
- Alternative: Safari 15 or higher
- Note: Microsoft Edge is not currently a supported browser.
- Adobe Acrobat Reader 17 or higher
To meet attendance requirements, participants must review each training module and complete all required course assignments, activities, quizzes, and/or end of course exam.
- THIRA/SPR Overview
- Identify Threats and Hazards of Concern
- Give Threats and Hazards Context
- Establish Capability Targets
- Assess Capabilities
- Identify and Address Capability Gaps
- Describe Impacts of Funding Sources
- Law Enforcement
- Fire Services
- Public Safety Communications
- Hazardous Material Personnel
- Emergency Medical Services
- Emergency Management Agency
- Health Care, Public Health
- Public Works
- Public Elected Officials
- Governmental Administrative
- Private Sector and Non-Governmental Organizations
Continuing Education And Professional Credits
Note: Live Online Instructor-Led (webinar) courses are not eligible for TCOLE credit.
- 9.00 hours – Texas Commission on Law Enforcement (TCOLE)
- After registering online for this course, you will receive an email with instructions for getting started. If you do not receive a confirmation within one hour, please contact us at (979) 845-6677 or [email protected]
- This course is not part of the Infrastructure Protection Certificate Program.
Institute for Law Enforcement and Protective Services Excellence
Phone: (979) 845-6677 | Toll-Free: (800) 423-8433
Email: [email protected]